Monday, May 7, 2012

Should I join the military?

Should I join the military?
My goals: make money, rank up ( more money ), get educated (future money), and Don't die or get injured. I currently have a diploma from one of the best high schools in the US but I barely graduated. I just wasn't motivated at the time but right now I am. I'm 19 1/2 years old and I'm going nowhere fast, I have no debt and I've saved 7k dollars.. and I live in jacksonville florida, the economy here SUCKS. Its hard to get a job and even when you do its only part time, I currently work at publix. I need guidance I need information, I need to know why the military is going to bring me out of this rut I am in. I'm so stuck because I've lived in this city all my life and I don't know anything else. I'm in great shape though, I'm 160 lbs and I benchpress 240. I'm still not sure whether I should join and which branch I should join. Please give me insight especially if you currently are in the military. I'm thinking Navy AF or Coastgaurd because I don't want to get hurt. But the army was appealing for the bonus( I know people say its nothing but I've got no kids and no debt cash is cash and I know how to keep it) and because I have family in South korea and they said I'd likely be able to get stationed there. I got an 88 on my asvab and I have fantasic vision
Military - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
"My goals: make money, rank up ( more money ), get educated (future money), and Don't die or get injured." What the hell dude, your goals have nothing to do with the military. make money? the military isn't about money, its ok pay, but not the best, we do it for other reasons. get educated? yes you'll learn life skills, but if you go to college and then grad school, become a surgeon for example, you'll get experience no matter what. dont die or get injured? yea there are other jobs out there in the military that doesnt put you out on the field. BUT your goals above are not the type of goals you need to be a good solider, airman, sailor, or marine
2 :
You have the wrong reasons to join. Just so you know you can die anywhere and anytime. The military can guide you but you still have to get yourself out of your rut. If you weren't motivated in HS how in the hell do you expect to make it in the military. Bonuses are few and far between. South Korea you can go but it is a wish list you may never go at all. I suggest stay civilian and go to college.
3 :
My opinion for joining the military you should have more goals then just makeing money and getting educated yea you can get all that in the military thats no lie even though the pay isn't the best in the world but you get your basic needs taken care of like housing get discounts on things get free medical and other things like that but if you you look this way the getting hurt and and killed that can happen any time of the day not trying to make you think that it will happen but it can if you think that it will only happen in the military your wrong yea it happens but it doesn't only happen in the military if you know what I meanthe economy is bad everywhere it may be worse in other areas but everybody that don't got a job now is haveing trouble trying to get a job and if they do it is something like a minmum wage job the military can make you or break you it just depends on what you want to do as a job and what your interests are so you can pick which branch you want go with but the only person that can decide that is you you are saying that you are in great shape just because you say that you are 160 and can bench 240 but benching won't help you out in the long run when in boot camp because you have to beable to run alot do alot of push ups and sit ups so that don't really mean nothing like for example if you want to go into the Marines you have to pass the ipft which is the initial phsyical fitness test and it consists of 1.5 mile run in 13mins or less 50 sit ups or more in 2mins 2 pull ups and 50 or more push ups in 2mins but if you can't pass that then you have to go into this other training where all the non phsyically fit people go before boot camp to get fit so they can pass the regular pft which consists of a 3mile run in 18mins or less so if you want more information on the other branches like the Air Force Navy Coast Guard Army Marines or any of their reserves parts then just go to their web site or just call a recruiter and they will give you all information you need hopefully that helped if you need anything else jus email me and ill help all I can