Saturday, May 14, 2011

I got mugged today...how do I cope and make sure it doesn't happen again(I live in incheon south korea)?

I got mugged today...how do I cope and make sure it doesn't happen again(I live in incheon south korea)?
Me and a couple of friends were walking down an alley after seeing a movie when about 5 or 6 high schoolers walked by us. One of them asked to use my phone so ,them being older then me in an secluded alley, I couldn't really refuse. Later I think he didn't even use the cell, cause there wasn't anything on the call history, he just used it to lead me away from my friends. Then another kid led me away to a secluded bench were he took out my wallet and started to go through it. I lost about 20 dollars but then again if I didn't have any money I'd be in big trouble. They also stole some cash from my friends too. No one was hurt and we only lost the money but I'm till really really pissed. What do you think I should have done and make sure it doesn't happen again?
Law & Legal - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
there are alleys in south korea??
2 :
Hey mate, I'm in Korea too, and its strange to hear of a mugging here, because its so safe usually I got this basic step strategy from the web and its how to deal with a person with a weapon, so I guess if it happens again just try to do the following: Stay calm. If you get the opportunity, quietly signal for help. Maintain eye contact with the assailant. Stall for time until help arrives or you can try to escape. Keep talking, but follow instructions from the person who has the weapon. Let them know that you are cooperating. Do not try to grab the weapon. Watch for a possible chance to escape to a safe area. Do not be a hero and risk harm to yourself or others. Do not verbally or physically challenge the person with the weapon. Make no sudden moves. If you need to move, tell the person with the weapon first. Do not resist. Tips: Be prepared to give the assailant your cash, wallet or jewelry. It is not worth the risk. Your life is more valuable than material possessions, which can be replaced. Try to remember the assailant's appearance and clothing, but do so carefully, without staring. After the confrontation call 9-1-1 as soon as possible. Notifying the police quickly will increase the chance of apprehending the suspect and preventing future victims. What You Need: A little courage and a lot of faith.