Friday, July 8, 2011

How do I invest in gold in South Korea?

How do I invest in gold in South Korea?
I really am frustrated when it comes to investing in South Korea. I want to buy some gold coins or gold bullions but here in Korea, there are no gold coin shops. Banks don't sell gold. The Korean mint does not make gold coins. Of course this is just the top of the iceberg compared to the problems I am having with investing my money while I am working in South Korea. Did you know that Korean brokers do not give you a prospectus on each stock before you buy it? Also, some dealers just give you a handful of stocks and you don't know the companies. Yeah, that's South Korea for you. Anyway, does anyone know how I can buy or invest in gold in South Korea? Or how about Asia, I am willing to travel anywhere in Asia for great deals in gold, Hong Kong, Singapore, India, anywhere in Asia. Sorry for being long winded but Korea's investments strategies are a$$-backwards
Korea - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I may not know much, but if you're so rich that this is actually an issue for you then buy a plane ticket to Hong Kong, they speak English there. Or you could just buy gold online--I see you've met the internets.
2 :
you can invest in gold in Corea. you can buy in 한국은행(han gug eun haeng). but there is not much gold in corea because we sold it to have more foreign money in IMF situation.