Thursday, May 1, 2014

how can you get your dad to buy you something you really want?

how can you get your dad to buy you something you really want?
well we're from Korea (South, I swear)and in there girls my age don't carry around stuff like purses and lip gloss and stuff like that but since we came to US i changed a lot. now my friends tell me im more American than any other Koreans in school, except for his guy i know. when i go to TJ maxx or ross where they sell designer bag and stuff for a very cheap price my dad won't let me buy them. he says the only way i will buy them is to get a job and earn money then i was like DUDE IM ONLY ELEVEN!!! i can do babysitting but my parents wont let me because we don't know our neighbors very well. and when i get my money i always have to ell where i got them from or they'll think i stole it. and that includes other stuff i get.so i do chores and get money and want to buy stuff but we don't usually go to TJ maxx a lot because only my mom goes. and parties- this really pisses me off. yesterday we had a school dance and my friend called me to tell me about picking me up and my mom lied to her and said i couldn't go. this is the fourth time she didn't let me go to a dance! my other friends go to dance whenever they want even though they're getting bad grades except when they're grounded but i have like 4.0 GPA and MY MOM STILL WONT LET ME GO!! wat shold i do to make my parents understand that THIS IS FREAKIN AWESOME US NOT FREAKIN STRICT KOREA!!! im so sick of this :(
Family - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
look, they are proably still not adjusting, they dont realise that kids can adjust faster than adults. they dont want you to get hurt, understand that, but the only thing i can say in advice is get good grades, work hard, and talk to your parents!!!!
2 :
You've adapted very well from being respectful of your parents to being entitled and whiny. Congratulations (?) I am assuming that your parents have used their money to put a roof over your head, feed you, clothe you, keep you healthy, and support your education. They've even brought you to the "awesome US." It seems to me you should spend more of your energies being thankful for what you have than being bratty about getting something material. In the end, you'll thank your parents for this lesson as well.