Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Should I work in Singapore or Shanghai, China?

Should I work in Singapore or Shanghai, China?
Hello, I am currently working in South Korea as an English Teacher. I was offered a job in Shanghai making 12,000 + housing included and I was offered a job in Singapore making 3,500 + 500(housing). Which one would be better for saving money. I have student loans that I have to pay. Thanks for your help!
Other - Asia Pacific - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Cost of living in Shanghai is a little lower than Singapore and you have more options in China.
2 :
certainly Shanghai as everything in Shanghai r a lot cheaper than Singapore. this is the 2 countries that i travelled a lot there as my mother was borned in SH & we visited there like every year & Singapore, my big sis was migrated there w/ her son so i go there often. Singapore is more like the living standard in HK. and SH definately a lot cheaper on everything unless u always hv to visit those luxury places / restaurants. n if u r teaching Eng in SH. u definately win their respectation a lot.
3 :
i would definately say Shanghai since housing is already included, to get a place anywhere in sh is usually really difficult. im not sure what singapore is like, but trust me when i ssay, you do NOT want to miss out on a place like Shanghai. that all im gonna say
4 :
Stay in Singapore i loved it there. Whenever i go there for holidays i don't want to come back, it's not always about money, you need to like the place too. Also, it is the safest and cleanest country in the world. You'll be better off in Singapore. Why? Great Food! Indian, Chinese, Portuguese etc.. Great Shopping Malls!!!! Another big + Ok Local people!!! Beautiful view of City and feel safe to even walk at 5 in the morning and live your day hehe