Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Could I get a job in Japanese television?

Could I get a job in Japanese television?
I am an American. And if it makes a difference, I am white. I am 19. I know little to no Japanese. I would probably be living in South Korea. What is the market that they are looking for? I just wanted to know if I could make some money overseas legally. Thank you. Wow, I am not a complete moron. I can learn Japanese.
Japan - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You're 19 and speak basically no Japanese. Would you expect the TV company to hire a translator just for you? Your answer, succinctly put, is a resounding NO. NOTE: Nobody said you were a complete moron. We have no idea how far you are along that path. Yes, you could learn Japanese. And, yet once again, the answer is NO. As it is not going to be a happening thing. What part of 'NO' is giving you a problem? EVERYBODY is telling you 'NO'. Go ahead and try. Get back to everybody about how well it works out for you.
2 :
You need a four year degree to work in Japan, and a job offer before you get there. Guess the answer is no. Sorry.
3 :
Im sorry youll be living in south korea, and want to be on a Japan show? I mean you know those are in completely different locations right? No concept of the Japanese language means a most definite no, and to be on a tv you would have to be fluent and know slang not just textbook stuff. Without a Bachlors degree or family relation you cant even make it over there to live long term. Do you have any experience/educational background in media? If not that's putting you even further than the dream. And what kind of audience could a white male 19 year old appeal to in asian homogeneous society? I mean honestly how many Caucasian males do you see on Japanese television unless they have a big celebrity status and even then their only guest stars. If you have none of these requirements you really have nothing to offer for producers.
4 :
why would a japanese company hire you when you live in south korea and dont speak any japanese.. thats like america or whatever hiring a person who only speaks spanish and lives in france