Friday, June 1, 2012

Where do American liberals get this canard from?

Where do American liberals get this canard from?
I am wondering if anyone can point out to me where liberals get this canard from. I CONSTANTLY hear liberals saying that America is hated all over the world. But I don't know of anywhere that the citizens or the "country" as a whole hates America except for those countries with a predominant Muslim majority. I am originally from Spain and I still have a lot of family and friends there, as well as in France and the UK. I have never once heard any of them express any anti-American sentiments. Some people express disagreement with our politics, but Americans express disagreement with other's politics as well. It doesn't mean one side hates the other side, only in the liberal mind are things so black and white. I work in the medical field and there are people from all different countries, the Phillipines, South Korea, Trinidad, Haiti, France, Poland, Hungary.... I have never once heard any anti-American sentiments from them, and I believe they would be open to talking to me about it knowing I am not an American citizen. I love my home country, Spain, but I came to the United States because there is so much more opportunity to work and make money. I'm so happy to be here, where I can make a life for myself and my daughter. In Spain I couldn't really do that. But anyway, I digress. Are liberals just projecting their feelings on the rest of the world? Can anyone give me an example of a country or group of people outside the US that are not Muslim radicals or communist dicators? Why do you guys spread this canard around like it's fact?
Other - Politics & Government - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
its part of their pathology.
2 :
It's just them trying to brainwash the rest of the country into becoming a pussy nation who lets crazy muslims breed like rabbits and terrorize the world.
3 :
Where do you get the idea that countries with a Muslim majority hate America? Isn't that a bit of a generalization? To me it sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.
4 :
I think they are projecting their own hatred onto others. They do not think Americans should stand up for themselves. Interesting, since Obama is turning his back on Israel and trying to talk his way out of the Middle East. What Obama fails to understand is that other countries aren't as ignorant as liberal Americans and they will not buy what he's selling. Liberal Americans are the only ones buying his B.S.
5 :
I can only speak of personal experience. My job requires me to travel often to other countries. I have been doing this job for 21 years so I have been able to witnesses the ebbs and flows up close and personal. During late 2002 until late 2007 I got an enormous amount of flack when I was outside the country. I began to effect an irish brogue for travel throughout Europe because once people heard my american accent they would become rude and pushy. After the 2004 election I can't tell you how many people asked me what we were thinking of, reelecting bush. When the 2008 election cycle began warming up, things were less tense. Now, the only place I have had a problem is in Haiti (before the earthquake) where I was required to hire and travel with bodyguards. Now in Europe I get some good natured ribbing about the divide in the country, but it isn't anything like it used to be. Specifically in Germany, they are back to shouting "it's the american!" when I get there - that had stopped for a number of years. So I can't speak for the rest of the Americans, but in my experience, it is very true. (I went to Spain twice in 2004-2005 - they were very welcoming but I was the subject of a great deal of joking about the crazy Americans!)
6 :
I believe it give them a platform in which they can use to change us into something we are not.