Saturday, April 14, 2012

What's a good excuse to quit my job?

What's a good excuse to quit my job?
After getting two jobs (one at a clothing store, and one at a fast-food restaurant) I'm quitting after 3wks. I was planning to use the money towards graduate school, but I'm not getting lots of hours, so I'm going back to my original plan of moving to South Korea to teach English. I need a good excuse to quit the jobs without making anybody angry. Any suggestions? One idea I have is that my mother's being sent to Iraq, so I have to go live with a relative in another state.
Etiquette - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The best answer is a straight answer. Tell them the truth. And as far as your job is concerned, Find what you enjoy, and even if it doesn't pay much, stick to it. It won't be easy, but adjust your living standards according to your job. Learn to enjoy your life...through your work. After all, we spend so many of our waking hours for work, we might as well enjoy it.
2 :
What's wrong with the truth? People make changes every day!
3 :
" I am relocating to SK to teach English". Enough said.
4 :
I agree with the others. Just tell them that you are taking a position in SK. But, be pleasant. Tell them you have appreciated working for them.
5 :
Don't lie, just tell them the truth. They'll understand, and they'd be even angrier if they found out you lied.