Thursday, February 14, 2013

I want to marry this girl. She wants a divorce from a horrible man, it was forced. what can i do?

I want to marry this girl. She wants a divorce from a horrible man, it was forced. what can i do?
I met this girl in south korea, i am still currently stationed here. Never ever thought i would ever get married always been doing my job at best in the military. I have been seeing this girl for awhile and i know she is married to a forced marriage that happened to her awhile back. She is from the phillipines and how does it work for divorces, if the man doesnt want it and just wants to collect money she makes while he sits at home, i love this girl very dearly and im willing to do whatever it takes to have her in my life. I dont know where to start. she is willing to stay with me here in south korea, and im willing to give my contract for another year here to help her. I wish it was easier for me to be with her.
Marriage & Divorce - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
try to be best friends with her and hang out with her(only you two) and just hope and pray she divorces him and marries u
2 :
if she loved the same way u do. then u two -- deserve to get married.
3 :
Find someone else. This situation is too complicated and really isn't for you to figure out. If she wants to be with you, she'll find a way but I think you should save yourself the heartache and meet someone who isn't currently married. I would be suspicious of a marriage being "forced". My mother is from the Phillipines and said she has never heard of that.
4 :
She lied to you. She's a pro looking for a quick trip to the states.
5 :
I know in some countries if the man does not want to divorce the wife then it cant be done. its not as free as it is here in America. If it was a forced marriage chances are even if she did find a way to leave her life would be put in jeopardy and her family may disown her. Stay friends with her and be there for her as best you can . Don't cross the line though til you hear from her that she is willing and able to do what it takes to leave. It may be hard but it is the best and safest route to go.
6 :
Maybe she just wants to become an American citizen so is setting you up
7 :
You aren't the first American service guy to be taken in by the 'horrible husband please save me routine' if she wanted to leave she would have by now and disappeared into another city. She wants to go to America on a free ride get counseling from your CO before you become a victim! There are plenty of nice girls at home that need a nice guy to marry please think .. you have to trust first! Please do yourself a great favor ask for a transfer!
8 :
Put the brakes on and think about this. You are dating a CHEATER, if this woman truly wanted out of her marriage she would have found a way. If she is willing to cheat on her present husband, what makes you think she is going to change for you? She has played upon your loneliness, sympathy and generosity. My honest opinion is she is using you, I might be completely off, but that is what my gut instinct is telling me.