Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Where to teach English abroad?

Where to teach English abroad?
My fiance and I are looking to teach English abroad in 2010. Our main purpose is to make enough money to live and travel while we're there. We'd prefer not to become certified as this can get expensive. We were thinking South Korea but now are hearing lots of horror stories of corrupt companies not paying teachers. Anyone have any experience in this field?
Teaching - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I heard that Dubai is great. I know a couple of teachers that started there and one is now in Germany.
2 :
I have two friends who taught in China -- great experiences, but not sure how much money they made. Having traveled to Korea a couple of times, I cannot recommend the people there. (Sorry to sound xenophobic). We were not made to feel welcome, we were stared at on the street, and people even took pictures of us from cars. (Our family is blond, blue eyed.) We found a very "Korea is for Koreans" attitude there. Just our experience. Good luck wherever you land. It's a great thing you're doing!