Saturday, December 7, 2013

Am I nuts? Just selfish? Bipolar?

Am I nuts? Just selfish? Bipolar?
Seriously. If your crazy do you know it. Okay, 24/male army brat. Mom, died when i was 11 of bone cancer. Mom and dad had a bitter divorce not long befoe she passed. Moved with dad to South Korea after mothers death. Dad has girlfriend's that were very young. He complained about them using him for money,yet he continued to send them money long after coming back to the U.S.. Four years later I move back to the states to the same community I lived before I left with my father. Began abusing Alcohol/Marijauna/LSD substantially for 9 years. Anyways, I understand everyone comes from a different background, but could these prior events plus self - medication make one go crazy? I have this hot and cold problem with almost everything. I seem to build up this standard for my friends and then feel upset by my expectations. One minute I want to have a party at my house the next I will litteraly be hiding out in my own house for reasons not caused by them. My outlook on life is also weary at times. I have always been flakey whether it be school or work. I lose intrest very easy. I feel like there's two me's. For example, my nephew turned 2 in Feburary and I bought this Jeep ride around thing for him but couldn't build up enough courage to bring it to him. I dont want him to see me drink. It seems at times the only thing holding me back is me. If you have read this so far, thank you. I am 100 percent serious. Do I need to get over myself? This is causing a drastic strain on my relationship with my girlfriend. I am at times thinking about suicide, but have seen the effects it causes on loved ones.This sounds selfish but, I know I abuse alcohol and marijauna, but I have never sought out treatment. And I don't picture myself ever quiting. Any Inquries would be great but in a constructive way. Thanks
Mental Health - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
About Just selfish can be read in http://health-schools.blogspot.com/?q=Just%20selfish
2 :
There seems to be a lot going on for you at the moment. For some of us a part of life is going through some extreme difficulties and the way we come out on the other end is highly dependent on what we have been equipped with throughout life to deal with it. To say that you are selfish or nuts should not even be relevant. The fact is that you seem to be experiencing a tremendous amount of distress and it is affecting you and those around you. You need to look after yourself and a good start would be going to see a psychologist. There could be many elements that are contributing to the problems you are experiencing and a professional will help you explore these and assist you in adressing them in an effective manner. I do hope that you would consider this as an option although it may be difficult. Sometimes we need someone objective to help us work through things...
3 :
You don't seem to have any of the symptoms of bipolar disorder so I think you can rule that out but there are any number of things that therapy could help you with. You have had it rough which can affect you personality, your outlook on life and your relationships with yourself and others. You do not sound inherently selfish. I would suggest you see a psychologist for advice and counseling.