Wednesday, December 1, 2010

How much can I get for my Kenwood reciever?

How much can I get for my Kenwood reciever?
I have a 14 year old Kenwood reciever. The model # is KR-A4040, and it's a 1992 model. it has a digital AM/FM tuner, and 4 inputs for a Cassette deck, CD player, a turntable, and also has a video input for a TV or something. it also has outputs for 4 speakers. it's an awesome reciever that's in absolutely mint condition, and has never been handled roughly, and really pumps out the sound. The reason why I wanna sell it is because I need some money, and I was thinking of just selling my Kenwood if i can get enough money for it, and buying a more vintage, cheaper reciever for a much lower price. So how much could I get for my Kenwood? I wanna sell it for a high enough price to make a diecent prophet, but not so high that people are gonna think that I'm ripping them off.
Home Theater - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Normally, you wouldn't get nearly enough. but you can make a decent profit off of ebay these days. Your set could retail for about 40 Dollars on there if i were to estimate.
2 :
Put it out on your front lawn and maybe a desperate tweeker would do you a favor and take it off your hands without a disposal fee.
3 :
The 4040 model has a 40 watts output so chances are you won't get to much for it, maybe 20 dollars. Most popular receivers now are 80 watts and greater. I had a Kenwood once , I liked it , good luck :))