Thursday, November 28, 2013

I am planning my gap year travels for next year, could anyone help me?

I am planning my gap year travels for next year, could anyone help me?
If anyone has any necessary information for me i'd be really grateful, as after searching the internet for hours, i have not been able to find anything apart from 'gap-year websites' acting as a travel agent. Ideally, i would like to travel these asian countries (south korea, Japan,Hong-Kong,Thailand & Borneo) Then move on to Australia,New zealand & fiji. Additionally, i would love to visit some south american countries such as: Brazil,peru,panama,costa rica & mexico. But i am unsure whether it is possible to do this easily on my trip as i am on a tight budget? Sorry if this question doesnt make a lot of sense, but really i am just seeking advice on the best ways to travel between the countries listed and additional information such as visas needed/work permits as i would like to do some paid work. I just need to decide on my destinations quickly so I can start saving the money for it asap! Thank you so much to anyone who answers :)
Other - Destinations - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Pick a couple countries and see them in depth rather than taking too many in at once. That seems like too many, especially if your on a tight budget. South America alone is a huge trip. Asia is a huge trip and Australia/NZ is big. Take them separately so you can really enjoy them. What is your purpose of going? Do you just want to get drunk and sleep around or are you looking for a true cultural experience? Find your answer to this question and that will help narrow down your country choices. Why don't you plan on working abroad? Get a 12 month visa for working in Australia and New Zealand. Its very easy to get and you can work as you travel. It basically helps you pay for your trip and working is a great way to meet people as you travel. Also I would get a round the world plane ticket for the trip. For train info find it at seat61 website. I also recommend researching the countries more before you just decide to go. Question: Do you know how expensive Japan is? Answer: Very