Friday, March 1, 2013

Why do we let politicians manipulate the country?

Why do we let politicians manipulate the country?
First let me say I was a republican until after this last election. Now an Independent Seriously it is just sickening anymore. I understand we are in a financial crisis (well according to them) but to sit here and say they are doing the peoples business is no more insulting than if the dems were to say the same thing over the last four years. I understand there are few jobs, but what about the unemployed? Continued tax breaks for the wealthy when people are going to be starving on the streets.. (seriously) Yes I understand that it is their money and we should get to keep more, but at the cost of the 99ers? (I think not) Say what you want but I don't care how rich you are, you aren't going to create a job if no one has money to buy your things. (but that's just the point of the free trade agreements.. who needs Americans to have money if China, and South Korea do) The majority of small business' are financed by second mortgages. I am all for commonsense fiscal responsibility, but start at home .The base salary for US Congressmen is $174,000 plus benefits, plus official expenses (such as for staff, travel, office equipment supplies, totaling around $1.5 million per year) with a pension of something like 25% their salary. Republicans say the government can't force us to buy health insurance, but they have no problem forcing us to pay for 70%+ of theirs. We all know the majority of public sector workers are over paid. 50k+ /year to deliver mail? seriously? I bet I could find alot of people willing to do it for 30k right now ( or less) My friends mom makes $27/hr to sort mail. It makes me sick. tl;dr I know.
Government - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I may sound extremely liberal for saying this... but it's the corporations, not politicians. We pay out the butt in tax dollars to corporations so that they can give us their goods cheaper, politicians let it happen because the corporations can either send lobbyists to convince them it's a good idea, or bribe them. I guess some of you might think, oh well I'm buying McDonald's burgers anyway, who cares if my tax dollars make them cheaper? Well, not only are a lot of people not making the most out of what their tax dollars are paying for, but it prevents small businesses from sprouting up in most cases. Can you make a 39 cent hamburger? I know I can't.
2 :
Because everyone is afraid to vote third party. Both parties have sent us down the river and yet over 95% of the votes are for one of the two parties that have screwed us. To argue which party is less worse than the other and then vote for it is like arguing over which way to let someone kill you.