Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Should I Be a Math Teacher?

Should I Be a Math Teacher?
Hey. I have my AA in Social Science and about to get back into school to get a BA in Math. I'm about a year away from getting my BA in P.E. but thats a hard job to get because theres so many teachers in that subject. So now i want to be a Math teacher. Hopefully get my masters but depends on how the money is going. Is it possible for me to finish my P.E. degree, then go for my masters in the Math subject? then be a math teacher? I'm about to get back into school and dont want to waste time or money. and i want a steady job with a lot of time off. So Masters is kind of a must to make good money. And if i do get my math degree is it possible for me to travel to other coutries? my friend has a major in english and just went to south korea and doesnt speak korean lol.. okay well i hope someone has answers to this. or maybe i should try to change my major to something else that makes more money with a good chunk of time off?
Teaching - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Of course its possible, but the question then is, do YOU have the time and money to spend towards more schooling? Its nice having a lot of degrees under your belt, but try and stay focused on one path. Is it going to be PE or Math? Math teachers are more highly wanted though, youre right. I suggest you look at the degree curriculum for the Math degree and find out how long it would take you to attain that degree. Than decide, should I change majors, or double major? Choice is yours. Also, getting a teaching job in korea is easier with an english degree because koreans are crazy to learn english! They always want an english teacher there. You dont even need to know korean, no. But for math, you might want to be able to speak it first :P
2 :
If you have the undergraduate requirements for Math (minimum required coursework) you can do a Master's in Math Education. Check the requirements before you graduate, so you can fit them into your electives.
3 :
You do NOT need an English degree to teach in Korea. I taught in Japan, for example, and all I had was a BA in psychology! In many of the schools overseas, they are just looking for native English speakers.
4 :
It depends, do u want to be a maths teacher? If u do then go for it but if u don't then u can have a whole heap of other choices but it all depends. Do u have good grades in maths, and other subjects what might be needed to be a maths teacher? If u feel as though u want to be a maths teacher, nobody is stopping u.
5 :
Is it your passion?
6 :
YES
7 :
yes! math is easy do it!