Saturday, July 28, 2012

I have a shopper's guilt problem. How can I overcome it?

I have a shopper's guilt problem. How can I overcome it?
I've just moved here from South Korea two years ago for an lucrative job opportunity that allowed me to make more money than I could ever imagine compared to the salary I was making back at home. I usually love to save money, but I do love to spoil myself sometimes with a few luxury goods but not to an excess. It was not until I came here that I was able afford such luxury goods and that is where my problem comes in. I went inside a watch store and I found this beautiful Rolex and I could afford it, though I keep believing that I would feel guilty wearing something so expensive,considering that the money could have went to the poverty stricken people back in my country, the people from my small town. It just brings back so many bad childhood experiences dealing with poverty. How can I overcome this so I can start enjoying my life?
Fashion & Accessories - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
if you can afford it, you deserve it. i too used to have these feelings coming from the ghetto and now making more money than the Pres of the US makes. i don't have these guilt feelings anymore
2 :
You worked hard and honestly for your money, so you shouldn't feel guilty. It's one thing if they had no opportunities like you had, but its another if they had the same opportunities you did and they didn't take advantage of them; in short, just know that you deserve every reward earned through hard work and honesty.